Thursday, April 25, 2013

Porch Gardening: Braided Tropical Hibiscus

This is one of my all time favorite blooming bushes. There are dozens of varieties and lots of beautiful colors.
And I don't know why it works for me but as soon as I get one blooming, the yard fills up with humming birds. They love them. Well they do in my yard anyway. Here on the Falana farm we will have humming birds till late November.
The only downside about this plant, the blooms only last one day.
They come, they shine, they die. Luckily this thing buds all summer and well into the fall.
Down here you see them in yards a lot, but they die off in the winter. I bring mine inside, (or maybe that greenhouse I've been asking PB for) in the winter time. My last one lasted me five years.
Tropical Hibiscus






No comments:

Post a Comment