Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Thanksgiving Holiday Fun

We had a blast this last Thanksgiving.
We had company come in all the way from Miami the day before.
OMG the food we ate. Oysters on Wednesday and Friday. Of course the always awesome and overfilling turkey traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Football food for the Iron Bowl on Saturday.
I don't know how in the hell I lost down to 118 lbs. by today. I thought I would be fighting the 'holiday weight' battle until at least New Years.
But sure enough, I woke up this morning and 118.6 lbs! Don't ask me, I don't know how.

Friday night we took everyone,yes this whole awesome gang to
We had a great time even though it was a tad chilly. And I am sure for our Miami guests it was downright freezing!


But you can never go wrong with a trip there to see the lights. Always beautiful! Plus they added a few new sections to see. I didn't get photos of those. For some reason (I can't imagine why) my phone kept dieing at the most inopportune times!


I think this picture will end up on the Christmas cards this year if I decide to send any out. 
A few years ago, I really got into sending out the cards, but my gosh! the expense and the time to hand write a note on every single one, it is just a lot and I haven't sent any out in the last couple of years.
But if I was going to, this picture would be on it. 
Us and all the kids save one, who was with his cousin that night and opted out, and all our grandbrats.
We definitely make a crowd just by ourselves!






All in all is was five days of great family fun. And with all the kids now grown up, dating, married, jobs and their own families, we were lucky to have all this time together.
And then there was IRON BOWL SATURDAY!
But that's for next time................



No comments:

Post a Comment