Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Chicks: Finally look like chickens

At six and a half weeks old they are finally starting to look like chickens.
As you can see almost all the fuzz is gone and they are now covered in feathers. Now they look like mini chickens.
I have seen full grown chickens smaller than this and they are so frikkin' cute! I just wonder how tiny those eggs must be. I like the eggs we get. Nice, huge, dark yellow yolks! I can't wait for these ladies to start laying! I had to buy a dozen eggs last week and I was like, wow! These large eggs are half the size of what I get!
But we still have three more months to wait. Besides Easter, I'm not buying anymore, we will just have to do without. That was embarrassing!

I don't know if you can see in the pictures, they are starting to grow their cones. Pretty soon it will feel like we have had them forever. Just another's batch of chickens hanging around. ;0)

The black and white one has the prettiest eyes I have ever seen on a chicken. She's just not too fond of having her picture taken.













No comments:

Post a Comment