Thursday, March 14, 2013

Chicks:New Perch

Farmer PB went out to the pen and put the chicks up a new perch.
They had a PVC pipe but their little feet were too small, every time they hopped on it, they would wrap their little toes around the pipe and then just slide forward. It really was funny to watch, mean I know!
PB cut them what looks like the handle to a shovel and slid it in there and it is working much better.
I'm sure this will turn into "see, this is why my shed is a hoarder's heaven, you never know when you might need that broken shovel for something!"
Speaking of perches and toes. One of my little chicklets has a deformed foot. Nothing major in the scheme of things. Just a little clubbed toe, and I'm sure it bothers me more than it does her. She is the bossiest chicklet out there, they probably ganged up on her while she was asleep one night, held her down and bit it off! Chickens are mean like that!




No comments:

Post a Comment