Saturday, March 16, 2013

Chicks:Moving Day

Since the first time I took a basketful of chicks outside to feel the grass between their toes, these little ones have wanted back on the ground.
It's such a beautiful day outside that we decides to do a trial run in the big pen.
PB will henceforth be known as "The Chicken Herder"
Even though they are super friendly and have no fear, they DO NOT like being picked up! So it took me in the house and PB in the door, a broom stick and some finagling to catch them all.
He would herd them towards me with the stick and I would snatch them up. Till the little smart asses figured out to just jump over the stick. Yeah then we almost had to climb into the pen after them. 14 chicks can fit, one person, no matter how small, not so much!
We finally got them all wrangled up and moved and they love it!
We are just going to have to watch them tonight to make sure they go inside the coop.
They are pretty smart for a bunch of babies, I think they will figure it out quick enough.
Right now they are eating up the dirt, bugs and grass that has taken over while the pen was empty.
I'm pretty sure they are happy.







No comments:

Post a Comment