Tuesday, November 18, 2014

BAH HUMBUG

 I'm feeling a little scroogish today!
 bah humbug photo: Bah, Humbug! EbenezerScrooge.jpg


Between the stores putting out the Christmas decorations before Halloween, the TV commercials pushing early Christmas buying and a few radio stations already going to Christmas music all day long, I AM OVER IT!

I remember when my kids were little, I loved Christmas, even when we hardly had any money to buy them anything, we still managed to have great Christmas mornings and happy faces all day. They didn't care if I spent a dollar or a hundred. They enjoyed everything about Christmas. The lights, the music, the family.

Now it's buy as much as you can and make sure everyone gets the same amount spent on them and if you do give out handmade gifts, it better come with a gift card attached. 

I hate, hate, hate Christmas time.
bah humbug photo: joey joey.jpgIt was bad enough when we couldn't even get past Thanksgiving before the Christmas stuff went up at the stores, but this year we didn't even get through Halloween before they started putting up and pumping down our throats, "You can buy more  if you start now" "Layaway now, in October, for Christmas"  Ugggghhhh! Stop it!

I guess this year, because it has started so early, it has pissed me off more than normal. I feel like I am being forced to outdo last year, to make it better, buy more, make it bigger. 




Yes, I could say, "You know what, we aren't falling into this hyped up bullshit this year" then I have 6 sad little faces looking at me like "WTF MiMi"

I guess my bad attitude could have a little bit to do with the fact I no longer have those little smiling faces to wake up to on Christmas morning. No little thunder feet running to my room whispering "should we wake them up?" It's mainly just Me and DH now and though it's a great day with him, it's not near as fun as it used to be until later in the day when we get together with all the family and friends. 

I miss those Christmas mornings.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment