Friday, November 21, 2014

Shiloh

Neil Diamond is the absolute best singer, hands down. And Shiloh?
Well he is just absolutely the best dog ever.
He's calm and quiet, if this dog barks, you might want to get up and go see what's up.
He only barks when there is something, or someone in the yard. Whether you are standing right there or not, he has decided that his job is to let you know someone is around.
Once he knows you are paying attention, he stops. He figures you got it.
He is my 8 year old full blooded German Shepherd.


I had a little ShitZu named Burplees (I know, long story) for 13 years. When he passed away, I realized I didn't have any pictures of him over the years. Just a few here and there crowded in between some of the kids. 
So Shiloh has become one of my most photographed animals. (besides the chickens). He even has his own photo album at home, right there beside all the kids and grandkids albums. 

Being a herding dog, it is hilarious when we take him to the island to go fishing with all five of the grandbrats. He doesn't know what to do when you have Daddy way out in the water, three kids playing in the surf, 2 digging in the sand, and me sitting in my chair at water's edge.
It really wears the poor fella out when we go. He will swim out, tap Dad on the butt with his nose and turn around and come back, rub his wet head in my lap then go sniff each and every one of the grandbrats, then it's back to Daddy again. LOL poor guy. By the time we leave, I don't even have to leash him to get him back to the truck, he straightlines right to the tailgate.
 
You can tell that age is starting to get to him, he limps a little now and then and has just about totally given up the ball which he was so obsessed with playing fetch we would have to take it from him and hide it so he would get some rest. Now? he just holds it in his mouth and sometimes, not very often, let Dad throw it, but he rarely ever brings it back anymore. Just takes it to his spot and lays down with it. 

I am going to start him on an aspirin a day soon to help with the old creeks and pops and joints. He is quite used to getting medicine, he's been on Benadryl every summer since he was about two. 
 He really is a great dog, so I thought I would introduce him.
He's so handsome! I love that turd!

 
 A few weeks ago we were burning a fire in our chimenia when I noticed the wood looked allot like Shiloh. So of course I took pictures!
I call it Shiloh On Fire LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment