Thursday, November 13, 2014

When it's cold and I'm lazy

Something happened while we slept last night. 
The rain moved in and the temperature dropped, a lot! Brrrr baby! It's cold outside!
As usual when the cold weather finally does find it's way down here to the Gulf Coast, I start thinking about cooking heavier meals. 
Meals we don't normally eat in the summertime because it is just too damned hot to fill up on heavy food. 
Summer time is for salads and veggies and steaks on the grill. 
Oh wait, steaks on the grill are a year round thing.....skip that last part.
Winter is for chicken and dumplings and chili and mashed potatoes and thick hardy soups. 

This morning I decided I wanted something we haven't had since early last winter. 
My lazy BBQ chicken.
Yes that's actually what I call it because it takes absolutely no effort whatsoever. 
 
 
At the moment Sweet Baby Ray's is the sauce of choice because it was on sale a few months ago at the grocery. So I stocked up and quickly named it "the favorite" so everyone wouldn't wonder why I have so much of it.


I don't mind all this cold weather really. I just don't like the cold and wet weather. 
When I used to live in Virginia Beach it would drop down below 60 degrees and it would be chilly but comfortable. You didn't need much more than a long sleeved t-shirt and you were fine. 
Down here on the Gulf Coast our winters are cold and wet. The air is always damp, I'm surprised when it freezes that stuff doesn't just freeze right there, stuck in mid air. So when we get cold? It's to the bone.  But I do love pulling out my sweaters.  No not the funky Christmas sweaters with the horridly huge picture of Santa on it. Just regular everyday long sleeved shirts and sweaters. I love 'em.  They hide all kinds of imperfections! ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment