Thursday, February 19, 2015

365.13 Crazy Lady Strikes

We had our house built ten years ago this month. When we moved in my Aunt gave me her vacuum cleaner because she had moved into a house with no carpet.
It is a Hoover Windtunnel with a nifty little red light that lets you know that it is still picking up dirt, even though you have went over that spot ten times, NO! there's more.Keep going.
I call it my Hey Dummy light.
Hey dummy, there's still dirt here. Hey there dummy, you're not finished yet. And when you finally get that last little speck of dirt you get a green light.
It's pretty nifty actually and since it takes me about an hour just to vacuum one small room this way, I assumed my floors had to be pretty damn clean.

Ten years I have had this machine! What do I find yesterday??

An irritating little switch that takes it from regular cleaning to deep cleaning.

Where the hell did that come from??

In that ten years I have taken this thing apart to clean hoses and roller brushes. I have flipped it over many times to get yarn unwrapped from it. Ten years!! How could I not have noticed that stupid switch before now?

Two and a half hours later, I finally got a green light at the entrance way to the living room! 

After about an hour I had decided that the light just wasn't working, there was just no way there was that much dirt underneath my carpet but when I checked the cup, sure enough, piles of sand! So I stuck in there and .........yeah..........two and a half hours!

Luckily the rest of the room was actually as clean as I always thought it was or we would be installing wood floors today.

All this time I thought the crazy lady had everything under control!

No comments:

Post a Comment