Thursday, March 26, 2015

365.43 One week no shampoo in pictures




I don't know how much you can tell from these grainy pictures, but my hair is not suffering at all from a week of no shampoo. And no! I do not dye or bleach or highlight or anything, my hair. It just can not decide on a color.
Keep in mind, in that weeks time, I would have only washed my hair with shampoo twice normally anyway.  
Sometimes I think my hair feels weighted and heavy, but then I just go grab my air brush and brush it out and it fluffs right back out.
As far as the BBB brush, I don't know how often that will get used, maybe once a week before a good WO wash out. It makes my hair feel like a helmet. I still have to get the air brush out afterwards to loosen the hair back out. It does, however, work great for spreading the love around my head and down to the ends.
The waves are starting to come into play too. That makes me happy. Usually this is how wavy my hair is before I brush it, once I do they disappear and turn into frizz. These pictures were taken just after brushing it, and they are still there. 
Not quite sure if you can tell, but I promise, they are there. 
When I decided to go the whole no poo route, I was already three days away from the last time I had washed my hair and this is how the first week went.
Thursday: 2 tbls. baking soda wash
Friday: No wash
Saturday: after being in the yard and sweating all day, I opted for another BS wash, 1tbs this time.
Sunday: No wash
Monday: No wash
Tuesday: 1 tbs BS wash
Wednesday: WO wash
I don't plan on doing anything to my hair again before Sunday. 
I think my hair is liking the whole process pretty well. 
It's not as crunchy on the ends as it used to be, and that's with the BBB brush, which I thought would just frizz out my hair so bad I would have to ditch it. But it didn't.
All in all, so far, my hair still has some frizz to it, but nothing like it used to. The waves are coming back and I haven't had too much of the grease ball issue to deal with. 
But then again it's only been a week. 
Let's hold judgement until you see the pictures from next week.
See ya nerds! 

No comments:

Post a Comment